About the FAQ
This FAQ was begun in the summer of 1998, prompted by the numerous times that some topics were raised and discussed repeatedly as new members joined the IRFCA mailing list. The FAQ was compiled initially by using material from archived messages of the mailing list. Subsequently, updates to the information here have been provided by many members of the list (see the acknowledgements), and information has been taken from a wide range of books, magazines, web sites, news articles, etc.
- Version 4.x (2009 and beyond) Miscellaneous updates, integrated into the new site scheme. Separate versions will no longer be tracked for the FAQ.
- Version 3.3 (2008-12-15) New color scheme, optimized HTML and CSS and simplifed site navigation. Trip reports, Station codes converted to database driven applictions.
- Version 3.2 (2006-01-25) New color scheme, revised masthead, HTML and CSS optimized. Many new documents and trip reports added.
- Version 3.1 (2004-12-01) New navigation bar / masthead for site (Moro v1.0).
- Version 3.0 (2004-10-15) New look for the site. HTML cleaned up, pages reformatted, new CSS styles incorporated.
- Version 2.0 (2003-09-01) Much new information, HTML cleaned up and reformatted, better integration with the IRFCA site.
- Version 1.8 (2001-04-29) New information incorporated, toc folded into main page.
- Version 1.7 (2001-01-27) Julian Rainbow's section on historical research, diesel and locomotive specifications, index2.html, switch to Yahoo Groups.
- Version 1.5 (2000-09-08) Web ring reference, HTML changes, new navigation bars, feedback form
- Version 1.3 (2000-07-29) Miscellaneous updates.
- Version 1.2 (2000-05-29) Updated passenger coach and freight wagon classifications, etc.
- Version 1.1 (2000-04-30) Signalling section redone
- Version 1.0 (2000-04-08) Floating contents window, links to industrial and steam locos' lists.
- Version 0.9 (2000-01-15) Train names, permanent way, shed info. Signalling updated.
- Version 0.8 (1999-12-05) Formatting changes, info on electric traction and locos, more links.
- Version 0.7 (1999-07-18) Further updates.
- Version 0.6 (1999-05-15) Miscellaneous additions, corrections, etc. Feedback from list. Draft hosted at fortunecity.com.
- Version 0.5 (1999-03-17) More information on modelling, historical information, etc.
- Version 0.4 (1999-03-15) Livery list corrected with Vijay's help.
- Version 0.3 (1999-03-10) More signals, loco wheel arrangements, Vijay's input, HTML formatting
- Version 0.2 (1999-03-05) More acronyms, some links moved to IRFCA website
- Version 0.1 (1999-03-01) Initial draft created from IRFCA archives